Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Little Update

So I haven't posted in the last few days, and I thought I'd bring you guys up to speed on what's going on.

The truth of the matter is, I haven't been writing, and it's killing me inside.  I've been so pumped to get to this part of the book: the part where the action really begins and readers are going to be totally enticed by everything that's happening.  And now I just can't write!  The saddest thing is, this is the part I thought would be the easiest to write, and it's proving to be the absolute opposite. 

I've written out the first part of Chapter 35 (in fact, I'd even say I wrote out the majority of it) but I can't get any further than where I'm at.  I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Meanwhile, my co-author has written chapter 20, and members of our IMVU Fan Group are now able to continue the story from where they left off a month or so ago when I posted Chapter 17.  I'm hoping they're all enjoying the story finally being updated.  I know I've been waiting anxiously, myself.

Along with all that, me and LJ have decided that, once we're done with this draft of the book, we'll need to write out some more fluff for it; some of this is for volume purposes, others is to draw out LJ"s characters in the book, because, honestly, I'm not very good with her characters and they haven't gotten the light that they deserve.  So LJ is planning on doing a few more chapters for the mid-section of the book so that we can get more in depth with Ash and Lily.

I guess my question for all of the writers reading this today is: Have you ever been really, truly looking forward to writing about a certain part of your book, only to get there and not be able to write it?

Well, that's all I have to write.  Hope all of the writers are having fun with their books and the readers have something interesting to read.  Happy days to you all,
~Maddi J.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to writing certain scenes, but I cheat. I envision the scene so by the time I get to it, it's not hard to write. For me its hard to jump from outlining to writing. I have a road map for the story, but for some reason starting is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't an issue of starting. I'm most of the way through the book. This is an issue with continuing.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete