So I'm doing another blog post on beating writers block for you guys. So a few tips that I have...
1. I'm going to repeat the one I had before: select a picture and describe it in as much detail as you possibly can. It may inspire something new, or it may just put you in the swing of writing again.
2. Write ANYTHING that's on your mind. Write about the missing pair to your sock. Write about how much your little brother is bothering you. Write about that crush of yours at school that you think looked at you. Whatever it is that's on your mind, put it on paper. The majority of time, the thing keeping you from writing is a lack of knowing what to write. So write about whatever you do know.
3. Get creative. When the cause of your writers block isn't not know what to write, it very possibly may be that you're bored with what/how you're writing. Use new words or a different style. Try writing from first person instead of third person, or if you're really up for a challenge, try second person. You might just find a new favorite way of writing.
4. Enhance your vocabulary. Go through dictionaries or thesauruses and find words that you can use instead of the old words that you usually use. Maybe one of them will inspire a plot or title.
5. Edit. I know that a big rule is that you're not supposed to edit until you're done writing, but sometimes showing yourself that you can improve your writing can help you write, because you have more confidence in whatever it is you're writing at the time.
6. Never give up on it. When you STOP writing, you will NOT get over your writer's block. You must keep trying.
So there you go. A few more pieces of advice on getting over Writers Block.