Monday, October 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo '12

I'm so pumped for NaNoWriMo this year!  I think I say that every year, but this year I honestly feel the urge to get something done.  I've done so little writing over the spam of the last few MONTHS (I know, right?) and it's just absolutely killing me, so I'm determined to make the most of this coming November.

My novel of choice is going to be an older project that I was working on not too long ago that I'm going to rejuvenate a little.  It's called Everlast and it's, believe it or not, a vampire novel.  rofl.  But the good thing?  It's a single novel, not a series, so it's something that I can just write and be done with, because series, it seems, are going to be the end of me.  Every time I try to get into one, everything goes to hell.  XD

So I'm working on getting a layout going for the novel so that, when November hits, I'll be able to just write non-stop and know exactly what I'm going to be doing next, because I know that that's always been a problem of mine is not knowing what goes where and what to do between those points.

Is anyone else working on NaNoWriMo this year?  I really suggest it for all writers; it teaches some real discipline.

I'm really pumped about writing again.  I've been in a real slump that a lot of my friends have noticed.  I had one, just the other day, point out that, not only had I not been writing a lot lately, but my RPs hadn't been as excited as they usually are, which they saw as a problem as they RP with me often.  lol.  I admitted that I hadn't been writing and that I think it's starting to have an impact on my RPing, as well.  They told me that I had to start writing and just go with it, so I'm going to take this November as my opportunity to do so.

NO PROCRASTINATING IN THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER!  YOU MUST SIMPLY WRITE AND NOT STOP WRITING!

Sleep deprivation is an absolute must.

No comments:

Post a Comment